How to install ?
You can easily replace windows, doors, shutters, mosquito nets, blinds, curtains, or awnings using some do-it-yourself techniques. Most designs are usually similar, making installation easy with little variation here and there. When it comes to how to replace it, here are some installation tips to get the job done like a pro.
How to install your windows, doors or blinds correctly?
1. Make sure that the new window has the correct measurements and that there are no measurement errors.
2. Prepare the hole (in case another window has to be removed); place the new frame in the hole and depending on the chosen mounting system you have to level it and screw it to the wall.
3. Touch to place the sheet (s) and make sure that it closes correctly in all the options that the window has, the fittings allow adjustments both vertically and horizontally.
4. Inside the window, the gap between the window frame and the wall must be sealed with polyurethane foam for windows.
5. On the outside of the window, the gap between the window frame and the wall must be sealed with window silicone.
6. Depending on each system (PVC windows, aluminum windows or Majorcan blinds), once the foam has dried, the excess must be trimmed with a cutter and the flashing must be installed. In the case of aluminum windows or Majorcan blinds, the flashing is pre-installed and this step is not necessary. In the case of PVC windows, the flashing supports must be placed in step 2 (the flashing is a removable type).
How to install your mosquito nets correctly?
1. Make sure that the new mosquito net has the correct measurements and that there is no measurement failure.
2. Prepare the hole and depending on each mosquito net system they are placed together with the lateral or upper guides with screws. In the case of roll-up mosquito nets, the retainers must be placed at the bottom of the guides.
3. Check the correct operation of the mosquito net and seal with silicone for windows any space that we have left between the guides and the wall to prevent an insect from getting in.
How to install your blinds, curtains, venetian blinds or awnings?
1. Make sure that the new blind, awning, curtain or Venetian blind has the correct measurements and that there is no measurement failure.
2. Prepare the space where it has to be placed and fix the supports with screws.
3. It is time to place the blind, awning, curtain or venetian blind and check the correct operation. In the case of installing an awning, the arms must be adjusted so as not to exceed the maximum opening point.